WPS Resources Corporation is an energy holding company based in Green Bay, WI. Subsidiaries include
Wisconsin Public Service Corporation
Upper Peninsula Power Company
WPS Energy Services, Inc.
On September 21, 2005, WPS Resources Corporation announced a plan to purchase two natural gas distribution operations from Aquila Inc. The transaction, if approved, will more than double WPS Resources' natural gas distribution customer base.
WPS was named Most Admired Energy Company by Fortune magazine in 2006.
The company earned $6.9 billion in revenues in 2005 and net income of $157.4 million.
- Compensation - Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave
- Health Benefits - Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Prescription Plan, Vision Plan, Medical Pre-tax Spending Account, Long-term Disability
- Financial Planning - 401(k) - includes Employer Match to ESOP, Pension, ESOP, Pre-retirement Planning Support, Group Life Insurance, Credit Union
- Career Development - Corporate Learning Centers, Tuition Reimbursement, Interest free Education Loans, Relocation Assistance
- Work/Family Balance - Employee Assistance Program - Professional Counseling, Unpaid FMLA Leave, Contributions - Matching Gifts Program, Dependent Care Pre-Tax Spending Account
Updated February 22, 2006