Verona, NY 13478
VP and General Manager: Peter Carmen
Oneida Nation CEO: Ray Albritter
Turning Stone is a casino and resort located
off Exit 33 of the NYS Thruway in Verona in upstate NY. The casino
is operated by the Oneida Indian Nation, a federally recognized
Indian nation in Central New York.
Turning Stone features a 125,000 square-foot casino and 280-room hotel. The casino has table games including poker, blackjack, craps and baccarat. There are more than 2,200 video gaming machines that require a prepaid card for use. No coins or bills are accepted by the machines due to New York State laws. A 287-room Tower Hotel opened in December 2004 along with a new buffet, entertainment center, restaurants and golf courses.
In October 2004, an Events Center opened with 5,000 seats that hosts as many as 150 events each year including celebrity entertainers.
A high-stakes bingo room at Turning Stone has 1,356 seats.
Making its original debut in 1993, Turning
Stone has been very successful and has generated huge profits
for the Oneida Nation leading to expansion of the casino and
Other enterprises operated by the Oneida
- The Lodge at Turning Stone is a 93-suite luxury retreat next to the Shenendoah Clubhouse at Turning Stone.
- The Inn at Turning Stone, a moderately priced 61-room motel, located just 1.5 miles from the resort.
- The Villages at Turning Stone RV Park, located half a mile from the resort.
- Four Directions Media Inc., publisher of Indian Country
Today, the premier national newspaper focusing on Native
- The SavOn chain of gas stations and convenience stores.
- Standing Stone Gaming, which manufactures, markets and distributes the Oneida Nation's patented cashless gaming operating system.
The Oneida Nation employs over 4,500 people with an annual payroll of $126.2 million in fiscal 2008 and an additional $25.3 million in employee benefits.
In May, Turning Stone was approved by the NY State Liquor Authority to begin serving alcohol throughout the casino.
- No-cost and supplemental Life Insurance
- No-cost Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance benefit packages, including Dental, Vision,
Prescription, and Medical coverage
- Qualified 401-K Retirement plan, with matching employer contributions
- Tuition reimbursement to those who qualify.
In addition, employees enjoy numerous discounted
amenities and special events.