Reliant provides electricity and energy services to retail and wholesale customers in the U.S. The company provides electricity and services to 1.9 million customers, ranging from residences and small businesses to large commercial, industrial and institutional customers, primarily in Texas but also in Delaware, New Jersey, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Maryland and District of Columbia. Reliant also serves commercial and industrial clients in the PJM (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland) Interconnection.
The company is one of the largest independent power producers in the nation with approximately 16,000 megawatts of power generation capacity in operation or under contract across the U.S. These strategically located generating assets utilize natural gas, wind, fuel oil and coal.
In 2006, Reliant had revenues of $10.8 billion and net loss of $327.8 million.
The company was formerly known as Reliant Resources.
- Business casual dress throughout the year
- On-site work-out facility for employees including nautilus, free weights, aerobics, yoga-pilates, kickboxing, showers, towels and laundry service Personal trainers and massage therapy available
- Flexible work schedules
- Central downtown location near popular restaurants, night clubs and shopping and access to the downtown tunnel system with banking, restaurants, shopping, salons, dry cleaning and parking
- Easy access to public transportation including Metro Rail
- On-site, monitored, parking garage and access to convenient garage and surface parking
Updated November 15, 2007