Headquarters: 30 Cooper Square, 4th floor
New York, NY 10003
Co-CEOs: Phillippe von Borries and Justin Stefano
Refinery29 is a website for shopping, exclusive deals, trends, beauty news, local hot-spots, and at-home sneak-peeks of fashion's finest. The site has local editors who write daily newsletters for five cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC and San Francisco. The company says it has over 30 million visitors per year.
The company makes money through advertising and e-commerce sales.
In October 2013, Refinery29 raised $30 million in Series C venture funding from Stripes Group. Previous investors include Floodgate and First Round Capital.
The site was founded in 2004 by current CEOs Justin Stefano and Philippe von Borries with $5,000.
Benefits include competitive pay and the following:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan so you can plan for your future
- Medical Insurance to keep you healthy
- Dental Insurance to help you ward off dentures for as long as possible
- Flexible Spending Account to help pay for life’s unavoidable needs
- Commuter Program to help you get around
- Employee Discounts… to aid in your shopping habit
- Employee Referral Bonus to thank you for helping us build the best team ever!
- Vacation Days so you can be reminded of how much you love working at Refinery29
- Holidays to celebrate
- Sick Days to get better
- Summer Fridays to enjoy the weather
- Other perks like meals, bring your dog to work days (woof!), and a lot of birthday cakes