Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
Headquarters: One Chase Manhattan Plaza
New York, NY 10005
Chairman: Mel Immergut
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP is a global law firm with approximately 630 lawyers. It provides a full range of financial and business legal services to many of the world’s leading financial, industrial and commercial enterprises, as well as governments, institutions and individuals.
Milbank is headquartered in New York and has offices in Los Angeles, Washington, DC, London, Frankfurt, Munich, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing and Singapore.
The firm has 135 partners.
Practice areas include:
Communications & Space
Mergers & Acquisitions
Power, Energy & Utilities
Strategic Sourcing & Technology
Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits
Structured Finance & Securitization
Litigation & Arbitration
Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring
Financial Services — Regulatory
Mergers, Acquisitions and Control Contests
Mutual Fund Litigation
Reinsurance and Insurance
Trusts & Estates / Fiduciary Litigation
White-Collar Crime and Investigations
Milbank TAARS (Tax Account Analysis and Recovery Services)
Trusts & Estates
Milbank's roots can be traced back to 1866, with the inception of the original firm, Anderson, Adams & Young. Over the years, many successor firms were created through the addition of new partners and the retirement or death of others. The first merger took place in April 1929, when the then-successor firm, Murray & Aldrich, combined with Webb, Patterson & Hadley and became Murray, Aldrich & Webb. In 1931, the firm merged with Masten & Nichols to become Milbank, Tweed, Hope & Webb. The Firm's present name dates from 1962.
Milbank opened its first Tokyo law firm in 1977.
- Employee Assistance Program providing confidential counseling and other services pertaining to family life balance
- Emergency back-up child care services
- Paid child-care leave for men and women
- Paid primary caregiver leave for men and women
- Transitional part-time policy for Associates returning from maternity leave
- Flex-time Full-Time and Reduced Hours arrangements
- Extended Personal Leave
- Subsidized Major health plans
- Subsidized Dental plan offering two options
- Vision plan
- Same-sex domestic partner coverage for all health, dental and vision
- Firm-paid Life Insurance
- Firm-paid Business Travel and Accidental Death (AD&D) Insurance Plans
- Firm paid Long-Term Disability Insurance up to a $1000 monthly benefit
- Salary Continuation during Short-Term Disability
- World-Wide Travel Assistance
Summer associates receive a salary of $3,100 per week, $1,000 interest-free salary advance prior to start date and a Blackberry for use.