National clothing chain for men.
10485 West Bellfort Drive
Houston, TX 77031
CEO: Douglas Ewert
Stock Symbol: MW
Men’s Wearhouse is one of North America's largest specialty retailers of men's apparel with 1,239 stores. The Men’s Wearhouse, Moores and K&G stores carry a full selection of designer, brand name and private label suits, sport coats, furnishings and accessories and Men’s Wearhouse and Tux stores carry a limited selection. Tuxedo rentals are available in the Men’s Wearhouse, Moores and Men’s Wearhouse and Tux stores.
Additionally, Men’s Wearhouse operates a global corporate apparel and workwear group consisting of TwinHill in the United States and Dimensions and Alexandra in the United Kingdom.
In 2010, the company reported revenues of $2.1 billion, a 10.1% increase, and net income of $67.6 million.
In 1973, George Zimmer opens the first Men's Wearhouse clothing store in Houston with his college roommates, Harry Levy and Harry's cousin, David Nagid. The merchandise contains stylish polyester sports coats from Zimmer's father, who owned a coat manufacturing company. First day sales reach $3,000.
In 1981, Men's Wearhouse has 12 stores in Texas and opens its first store outside the state in San Jose, CA.
The company would go public in an IPO in 1992.
In 1999, Canadian chain Moores the Suit People is acquired and K&G Men's Superstores in the U.S.
The company acquired After Hours in 2007 for $67.3 million.
- Medical Insurance - HMO and PPO plans provide access to large national physician and hospital networks
- Dental Insurance - DMO and open network plans provide flexibility for employees to select the dentist of their choice or take advantage of reduced-fee services within the network
- Life and AD&D Insurance - Insurance provided to those enrolled in a company sponsored medical plan, equivalent to annual salary (up to a maximum of $50,000)
- 401(k) Savings Plan - investment opportunities range across nine fund categories and a Company Stock fund, plus a Company match
- Employee Stock Plan - an Employee Stock Bonus Plan providing Men's Wearhouse stock to each employee who works 1000+ hours during the calendar year
- Employee Stock Discount Program - Men's Wearhouse stock offered to employees at 15% discount
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Sabbatical Leave Program - three additional weeks of paid time off every five years
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Wellness Program - focused on establishing a personal exercise program and Smoking Cessation cost reimbursement
- Merchandise Discounts
Updated August 6, 2011