Free Company Profiles
NC Job Source
Add Your Resume
The Fresh Market
European-style supermarket chain.
Headquarters: 628 Green Valley Road, Suite 500
Greensboro, NC 27408
CEO: Richard Anicetti
Stock Symbol: TFM
The Fresh Market operates a chain of supermarkets with 186 stores in 27 states across the country. The stores convey the atmosphere of an old world European market, all under one roof, where you can visit an array of departments: an old-style butcher shop and fish market, bakery, produce and floral stands, and delicatessen.
Stores also have prepared foods and a large selection of bulk products including nuts, dried fruits and candy.
The average Fresh Market store is just 21,000 square feet, compared to the approximately 40,000 to 60,000 square foot stores operated by competing supermarkets. The smaller size allows the company to keep items fresh and focus on providing more personal service.
Apollo Global Management announced in March it would buy Fresh Market for $28.50 per share or $1.36 billion.
For fiscal 2014, the company reported sales of $1.75 billion, a 16.0% increase, with net income of $63.0 million.
The Fresh Market went public on the Nasdaq stock market on November 9, 2010. The first Fresh Market store opened in 1982.
- Employee 20% Discount on most TFM products
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Card
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Bonus Programs (All Employees)
- Employee 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts Program
- Paid Annual Leave Program
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability Program
- Life Insurance Program
- Immediate Medical/Life/Prescription/Dental & Vision coverage available
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Program
Updated March 20, 2016