Provider of financial
data and applications.
601 Merritt 7, 3rd floor
Norwalk, CT 06851
CEO: Philip Hadley
Stock Symbol: FDS
FactSet is a leading provider of financial information and analytic
applications for investment professionals around the globe.
FactSet offers instant access to data and analytics to thousands of analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers at the world's premier financial institutions. The top 10 global investment banks and 95 of the world's top 100 asset managers use FactSet services. The company has over 48,000 users and over 2,200 clients.
The company conducts operations along with its affiliates from 24 locations worldwide, including Boston, New York, Chicago, San Mateo, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, Milan, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
In fiscal 2011, the company reported revenues of $727 million, a 13% increase, and net income of $171 million.
FactSet was named one of the Best Companies to Work for in America by Fortune magazine in 2012 for the fourth time.
The number of employees at FactSet has increased by 1,135 during the past year.
FactSet was founded in September 1978.
Howard Wille and Charles Snyder leave their Wall Street jobs
to build a business, headquartered in New York, centered on computer-based
FactSet headquarters move to Greenwich,
CT in 1990 and then to Norwalk, CT in 2004.
The company went public on the NYSE in
* Free working lunch in the office
* Sodas, juices, sports drinks, hot beverages, and snacks
* Educational reimbursement for job-related tuition expenses
may be available
* Certification reimbursement for eligible expenses related
to the CFA exams may be available
* High speed home internet access for certain positions
* Locations accessible by mass transit
* Relocation assistance for certain positions (Ask your HR
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and
vision care for employees, their domestic partners, and dependents
at minimal or no cost to our employees
* Short-term disability insurance at no cost
* Optional long-term disability insurance
* Group life insurance at no cost
* Optional additional group/dependent life insurance
* Accidental death and dismemberment insurance at no cost
* Business travel insurance at no cost
* Three weeks of vacation time in the
first year for full-time employees
* One additional day of vacation each subsequent year, up
to 25 total days
* Five sick/personal days every year in addition to nine
Family and Health Benefits
* Six weeks paid maternity leave, with
an additional four weeks of unpaid leave
* Six weeks paid leave, with an additional four weeks of
unpaid leave, for new adoptive parents who are the primary care
* One week paid leave for new parents who are not the primary
* Confidential counseling services for employees and their
dependents at no cost
* Discounts on maternity and child safety products
* Discounts on gym memberships, Weight Watchers memberships,
and nutritional counseling
Bonuses and Savings Plans
* Flexible spending accounts
includes health spending account and dependent care account through
pre-tax payroll deductions
* 401K with company match invest up to 60% of your
earnings (up to certain federal maximum amounts) through pre-tax
payroll deductions, and FactSet will match dollar for dollar
for up to 4% of employees' annual earnings, capped at the IRS
* Employee stock purchase program share in FactSet's
success by choosing to purchase FactSet stock through payroll
deductions. Employees pay only 85% of market value of the stock,
based on the lower value of the opening or closing price of the
* CFA certification awards bonuses of $2,500-$10,000
for passing levels of the CFA exam
* Employee referral bonuses earn $2,500 for helping
FactSet recruit top talent
* TransitChek pre-tax program for regional transit services
* Gift Matching Program FactSet matches contributions
of up to $1,000 per year from eligible employees to non-profit
Updated July 4, 2012