401 Elliott Ave. West
Seattle, WA 98119
CEO: John McAdam
Stock Symbol: FFIV
F5 Networks is the global leader in Application Delivery Networking. F5 provides solutions that make applications secure, fast, and available for everyone, helping organizations get the most out of their investment. By adding intelligence and manageability into the network to offload applications, F5 optimizes applications and allows them to work faster and consume fewer resources.
F5 helps organizations meet the demands and embrace the opportunities that come with the relentless growth of voice, data, and video traffic, mobile workers, and applications—in the data center, the network, and the cloud.
The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington with offices worldwide.
For fiscal 2014, the company reported revenues of $1.73 billion, up from $1.48 billion. Net income was $311.1 million.
Many top companies use F5 Networks including:
- 47 of the Fortune 50 companies
- 29 of the top 30 US commercial banks
- 9 of the 10 top US airlines
- 15 of the 15 executive branch departments of the US federal government
- 10 of the top 10 U.S. telecommunications companies
- 9 of the top 10 US universities
- 9 of the top 10 US wireless carriers
- 4 of the top 5 hospital systems
F5 Networks was founded in 1996 and originally known as F5 Labs. The company went public in 1999.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance - free to employees, with dependent coverage highly subsidized by F5
- Flexible spending account for extra savings on health and dependent care expenses
- Ability to purchase bus, rail, ferry passes pre-tax
- 18 days of paid time off in year one; 20 days through year five, and 25 days a year after that.
- 8 paid holidays
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan - buy F5 stock at a reduced price
- 401(k) with generous company match - up to $4000 annually
- Tuition assistance - up to $3,000 annually
- Employee assistance program for help with personal issues, child care referrals, financial aid and legal questions, etc.
- Travel assistance program provides employees and their dependents medical, travel, legal and financial assistance service worldwide.
- High Five Awards given in recognition of outstanding employees each quarter
- Referral bonus program
- Free pop, coffee, juice, tea, etc.
- Friday afternoon social event "Beer Friday" with fun, food and beverages
- Transportation/parking stipend (Seattle)
- On-site massage available twice a week (Seattle)
- On-site lockers and showers; secured, covered bike racks, and nearby running trails (Seattle)
- On-site fitness facility (Seattle)
- Great view (Seattle)
- Game room (Seattle and San Jose)
- Swimming pool and gym (San Jose)
Updated January 24, 2015