100 Erie Insurance Place
Erie, PA 16530
CEO: Terrence Cavanaugh
Stock Symbol: ERIE
Erie Insurance offers auto, home, commercial and life insurance
through a network of independent insurance agents. The company
has customers in 11 states and the District of Columbia including
Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, North Carolina, New York, Ohio,
Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin and West Virginia.
Erie Insurance has more than 4.6 million policies in force for auto, home and commercial insurance, and more than 320,000 life, annuity and disability income policies in force.
More than 2,175 agencies represent Erie Insurance in 11 states and the District of Columbia.
Over 2,500 people work at the corporate office in Erie, PA.
The company was founded in 1925 as an Pennsylvania
auto insurer. Erie Insurance Group is the 23rd largest property/casualty insurance group based on Policyholder surplus, and the 18th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premiums written. It is the 12th largest auto insurer and 14th largest home insurer in the country based on direct premiums written, and the 2nd largest auto insurer in Pennsylvania.
The company had net earnings of $160 million in 2012.
Most benefits begin the first day of employment,
so there's no waiting period. All basic benefits are paid for
by The ERIE. The only exception is a modest cost for dependent
coverage under the health protection plan.
- Health protection plan
- Group life insurance
- Dental plan
- Prescription drug program
- Vision care
- Employee wellness program
- Short- and long-term disability benefits
- Unemployment insurance
- Workers' Compensation insurance
- Business Travel/Accident insurance
Employee Savings Plan - 401(k)
- Full immediate vesting
- Employees can contribute up to 100 percent of base salary each
pay date up to the maximum annual amount allowed by the IRS
- ERIE matches $1 for every $1 the employee contributes each
pay date up to the first 3 percent of the base pay plus $.50
for every $1 the employee contributes each pay date up to the
next 2 percent of the base pay
- Variety of professionally managed funds
- Extensive investment education
- Erie Indemnity Company stock available
- Company paid
- Full vesting after five years
- Early retirement and other options
Profit Sharing Bonus
- Although not guaranteed, the profit sharing bonus has been
awarded every year since its creation in 1941
- Based on Employee's salary and length of service
- Most employees are eligible
Pre-tax Payment Plan
- Pre-tax savings on certain expenses for dependent care and
IRS-qualified medical expenses.
- New employees earn 10 days per year
- 15 days after 5 years
- 20 days after 14 years
- 10 fixed holidays per year
- One additional personal choice day annually for full-time employees
who have worked for the company for one to 10 years
- Two additional personal choice days annually for full-time
employees with more than 10 years
- Six days per year
- Up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave with benefits
Updated November 23, 2013