Headquarters: 300 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 310-2000
CEO: Noel Wallace
Stock Symbol: CL
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading consumer products company known for its products focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition.
Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, elmex, Tom's of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Axion, Soupline, Haci Sakir, Suavitel, PCA SKIN, EltaMD, Filorga and Hello as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
Over 72 million Americans use Colgate toothpaste twice a day.
In 2020, the company reported worldwide sales of $16.47 billion, up from $15.69 billion a year ago, and net income of $2.69 billion.
North America made up 22% of company sales, 20% in Latin America, 17% in Europe, 17% in Asia Pacific and 6% in Eurasia/Africa. Hill's Pet Nutrition products made up 18% of company sales.
The company's global research center is located in Piscataway, NJ.
In 1806 William Colgate opened a soapmaking business in New York called Colgate & Company. It was not until the 1830s that the company began selling individual bars in uniform weights. In 1872 Colgate introduced Cashmere Bouquet, a perfumed soap. In 1908 they sold their first tube of toothpaste.
In the Western United States, the B.J. Johnson Company was making a soap entirely of palm and olive oil. The soap was popular enough to rename their company after it - Palmolive.
A Kansas based soap manufacturer known as the Peet Brothers merged with Palmolive to become Palmolive-Peet. In 1928, Palmolive-Peet joined the Colgate Company to create the Colgate-Palmolive-Peet Company. In 1953 "Peet" was dropped from the company name, leaving only "Colgate-Palmolive Company". (Source: Wikipedia)
Salary and Rewards
Colgate rewards success. The greater the success, the greater the reward. We proudly offer:
- Generous Salary and Vacation plus 14 holidays
- Bonuses and Recognition Awards
- Stock Ownership for all employees
For Colgate people and their families (including domestic partners), our medical plan options include Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), two Point-of-Service (POS) plans and a Prescription Drug Plan.
As the World Leader in Oral Care, Colgate is proud to offer employees an excellent dental program covering a wide range of services.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Colgate's Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) provide a tax-effective way to cover expenses for dependent care as well as for expenses not covered under healthcare or dental programs.
We offer two types of disability benefits:
- Short-Term: Full salary for up to 26 weeks
- Long-Term: Either 50%, 60% or 70% of earnings after 26 weeks up to age 65 (depending upon options selected)
Colgate provides the following:
- Life Insurance for employees
- Life Insurance for employees' dependents
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Option to purchase additional coverage at low group rates
Planning for the Future
To ensure Colgate People enjoy a secure, comfortable retirement, we offer three programs:
- 401 (k) with matching company contribution
- Profit sharing based on business results
- Company-funded retirement plan
Additional Employee Programs
Our progressive work/life programs, which have helped Colgate earn recognition as a "Best Place to Work," include:
- Near-site back-up childcare centers
- Emergency in-home care for dependent children and adults
- Academic Advisory Services and Tuition Assistance
- Personal Service, including health & wellness, legal, and financial
- Counseling Services
- Relocation Assistance