Operates 206 hospitals in 26 states.
4000 Meridian Blvd.
Franklin, TN 37027
CEO: Wayne Smith
Stock Symbol: CYH
Community Health Systems, Inc. is one of the largest publicly-traded hospital companies in the United States and a leading operator of general acute-care hospitals in non-urban and mid-size markets throughout the country.
Through its subsidiaries, the Company currently owns, leases or operates 206 hospitals in 29 states with an aggregate of approximately 31,100 licensed beds.
The company also has a subsidiary -- Quorum Health Resources -- that provides management and consulting services to approximately 150 independent hospital clients.
In 2014, the company expects to report revenues of $18.6 billion, compared to $12.8 billion the previous year.
In January, the company agreed to purchase an 80 percent equity interest in Metro Health in Wyoming, MI, a suburb west of Grand Rapids. The agreement includes 208-bed Metro Health Hospital, outpatient centers, and related assets and businesses.
- Community Health Systems (CHS) was founded
in March 1985.
- In 1996, CHS combined its corporate headquarters in Houston,
Texas with the company's operations group in Nashville, Tennessee.
- In June 1996, an affiliate of Forstmann Little & Co. acquired
the company in a $1.1 billion leveraged buyout.
- In 1997, Wayne T. Smith was recruited as President and Chief
- The company was again taken public in June 2000 on the New
York Stock Exchange (CYH) at a price of $13 per share.
- Today, CHS is headquartered in the Nashville suburb of Franklin,
- July 2007: Completed the acquisition of Triad Hospitals, adding
more than 50 hospitals to the organization.
- 2014: Community Health Systems, Inc. completes the acquisition of Health Management Associates, Inc., adding approximately 70 hospitals to the organization.
- Competitive Compensation
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan and Supplemental Savings Plan
- Disability and Critical Illness Insurance
Updated January 23, 2015