7337 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46231
CEO: Subodh Karnik
ATA Airlines offers service with its codesharing
partner Southwest Airlines in 60 markets across the U.S.
ATA Airlines operates nonstop service from
Chicago-Midway to: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX; Oakland, CA; Guadalajara
and Cancun, Mexico.
ATA Airlines also operates significant
nonstop service to Hawaii from:
- Nonstop from Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Oakland, CA; Phoenix,
AZ to Honolulu.
- Nonstop from Los Angeles, CA; Oakland, CA; Phoenix, AZ to Maui.
- Nonstop from Oakland, CA to Hilo.
- Nonstop from Oakland, CA to Kona.
- Nonstop from Oakland, CA to Lihue.
- Nonstop from Las Vegas, NV to Maui.
ATA operates Boeing 737-800s, Boeing 757-200s,
Boeing 757-300s, DC10s and Lockheed L-1011s.
ATA provides worldwide charter service
to more than 250 airports for customers that include the U.S.
Military, tour operators, government agencies, sports organizations,
incentive groups and corporate clients.
ATA Airlines, Inc. is an indirect wholly-owned
subsidiary of Global Aero Logistics Inc., whose other indirect
subsidiaries include North American Airlines, Inc. and World
1973 - Founded in Indianapolis by George
1981 - Air carrier status approved
1986 - Scheduled passenger service begins
1992 - Scheduled service hub opens at Chicago-Midway
1999 - Surpassed $1 billion in annual revenue
2000 - Achieved "Major Carrier" status
2001 - ATA begins re-fleeting process and scheduled service from
Chicago-Midway to international destinations
2002 - ATA begins operation from its new gates at Chicago-Midway's
2003 - ATA announces company name change from American Trans
Air, Inc. to ATA Airlines, Inc.
2005 - First-ever codeshare agreement with Southwest Airlines
2006 - ATA announces significant expansion with additional West-Coast-to-Hawaii
service, entry into Houston. ATA Airlines emerges from Chapter
11 restructuring efforts. Airline also announces significant
enhancements in codeshare agreement with Southwest Airlines,
new service from Oakland, Ontario, CA and Hilo, HI
· UnitedHealthCare, a national
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network, is available for
the majority of ATA employees and their
eligible dependents, along with a Health Maintenance Organization
(HMO) in Indianapolis and Chicago.
· Employees who reside outside the PPO and HMO network
areas will have the option of electing an indemnity medical plan.
· All plans provide coverage for expenditures such as
doctor visits, hospital stays, lab tests, surgery, x-rays, prescriptions
and well-baby care.
· Dental Insurance is available through MetLife.
· Preventive care is covered at 100 percent with no deductible.
· Other covered services are reimbursed at 80 percent,
or 50 percent with a $50 annual deductible for single coverage
and a maximum $150 deductible for family.
· Dependent child orthodontic benefit is covered at 50
percent with a $1,500 lifetime maximum reimbursement.
EMPLOYEE LIFE INSURANCE & ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT
· ATA provides you with one times your annual base
pay in Basic Life Insurance (rounded to the next $1,000).
· Minimum benefit amount is $20,000; maximum benefit amount
· You may elect an additional one to four times your base
pay in Supplemental Life Insurance.
· ATA also provides you with one times your annual base
pay in Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE (STD)
· UNUM Provident administers ATA's Short-term Disability
· STD covers non-job related accidents or illnesses.
· ATA provides you with STD coverage that pays for each
full week of disability at 50 percent of your base pay to a maximum
weekly benefit of $433 ($45,000 annual salary).
· You may buy-up STD coverage to 66 2/3 percent of your
base pay to a maximum weekly benefit of $577 ($45,000 annual
· The maximum payment period for any one disability is
LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE (LTD)
· UNUM Provident administers ATA's Long-term Disability
· LTD covers non-job related accidents or illnesses after
six months of disability.
· ATA provides you with LTD coverage that pays for each
month of disability at 50 percent of your base pay to a maximum
monthly benefit of $4,167.
· You may buy-up LTD coverage to 66 2/3 percent of your
base pay to a maximum monthly benefit of $5,556.
· Benefits are payable until a maximum age limit is reached
or the disability ends.
· Vision coverage is available through Cole Managed
· Cole offers a choice of retail locations and independent
· The plan pays both in-network and out-of-network benefits.
· The vision plan covers routine eye exams, as well as
glasses and contact lenses.
DEPENDENT LIFE INSURANCE
If you choose the Dependent Life Insurance option, your family
will receive coverage in three areas:
· $10,000 Spouse
· $5,000 Child if death occurs between six months
and 19 years of age (age 24 if a full-time student)
· $1,000 Child if death occurs between 14 days to
six months of age
COMPASS BENEFITS PROGRAM (Helping
you navigate your benefit needs)
COMPASS gives you the opportunity
to create a unique benefits program. You select the option in
each benefit area that best meets your needs. Every year ATA
provides much of the payment toward the full cost of your benefits.
ATA pays the majority of your medical premium cost, and provides
free basic life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment
insurance, and short and long-term disability insurance.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
· Flexible Spending Accounts are administered through
· You are eligible to contribute on January 1 following
hire date (full-year elections only).
· Health Care Account permits contributions up to $5,000
a year (before-tax) to reimburse certain expenses not covered
by our medical and dental plans for you and your dependents.
· Dependent Care Account permits contributions up to $5,000
a year (before-tax) to reimburse certain expenses for the care
of your dependents.
401(K) RETIREMENT SAVINGS PROGRAM
· You are immediately eligible to contribute to the
· Eligible employees can contribute 1- 25 percent of their
before-tax salary to the plan.
· The plan allows you to borrow from the money you have
invested. The loan is repaid by payroll deduction, including
interest paid to your account.
· Employees are eligible to roll over funds from a previous
employer's 401(k) account into ATA's plan immediately after hire.
· As an employee, you have immediate unlimited, free
space-available travel within the 48 contiguous states or between
the 48 states and Hawaii and pay transportation taxes for other
destinations on ATA. Employees must read and comply with the
· After 90 days of employment, your immediate family members1
and two designated parents2 have unlimited free space-available
travel within the 48 contiguous states or between the 48 states
and Hawaii and pay transportation taxes to other destinations
on ATA. Single employees may travel with a companion in lieu
of a spouse at a 90 percent discount off the YTZ fare, or may
choose instead to nominate a long-term companion. Long-term companions
are charged transportation taxes only, but the employee will
pay taxes on imputed income based on 90 percent of the YTZ fare
for travel taken.
· After one year of employment employees have the opportunity
to use a priority booking. Core, full-time employees are eligible
for 6 priority-booked seats per calendar year. These priority-booked
seats can be used for you and your immediate family members at
a cost of 10% of the published YTZ fare for ATA scheduled service
flights. After one year of employment employees have the opportunity
to use space-available vouchers for guest travel on ATA at a
90 percent discount of the published YTZ fare. Core, full-time
employees are eligible for 8 guest vouchers. These vouchers may
also be used to purchase positive space on ATA at a fare of 50%
of the YTZ fare.
· After three months of employment, you may be able to
travel at discounted or service charge fares on other carriers
with whom ATA has interline agreements. (Subject to the specific
employment requirement of the carrier.)
· Six paid holidays per calendar year. A seventh paid
"floating" holiday can be scheduled with supervisor
· In the year of hire, available vacation time depends
on hire date (48, 24, or 0 hours).
· Second and subsequent years of service, 80 hours plus
eight additional hours for each full year of service (maximum
of 168 hours).
· In the year of hire, available time depends of hire
· Second and subsequent years of service, 64 paid sick
hours per calendar year.
BUSINESS TRAVEL ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT INSURANCE
· Loss of life as a result of an accident while traveling
on ATA business is covered with a $100,000 benefit.
· Loss of sight, hearing or of extremities suffered as
a result of an accident while traveling on ATA business is covered
with payments ranging from $25,000 to $100,000.
· The premium for this coverage is paid by ATA.
· Pay is issued every two weeks. There are 26 pay
periods per year.
Updated March 1, 2008